Wednesday, June 21, 2006

And here we all are


And here we all are
Originally uploaded by ...and....

Well, I may be past the sell-by date in Japanese terms, but I still know how to get people to dress in silly costumes and drink until they are very drunk.

The theme of the party this past weekend was "come as your town mascot". Represented were: Akan (a crane), Aibetsu (super mushroom), Pippu (strawberry man), Muroran (a whale?), Shibetsu (a sad, gay cow), and a host of other places whose names I don't know, but whose mascots include three rocks, an American who said "Boys be ambitious", a dragon, a butterfly, an elfin creature, grapes, a melon-headed girl, and more!

It was a fabulous party -- much food was eaten and much drink consumed. And my supervisor even came!

I'll have to do it again next year!

No comments: