Tuesday, February 27, 2007

complain, complain, complain

Thank god February is just about over. I'm sick of it. It may be the shortest month, but it certainly does take it's time about moving on. Maybe it's just because I've had a crappy month: I was sick, my car died, my shower stopped working, nobody will take over my job as the publisher, my classes keep getting cancelled, and it rained.

I'm thinking about forming a complaints choir in time for the annual HAJET talent show. Hey -- they have them in


Birmingham (the first complaints choir)


Helsinki (far funnier and a bigger choir)


the children of Poikkilaakso Elementary School


and there's even a CBC radio version (hooray CANCON!)

Overpaid, underworked English teachers need a complaints choir too. If you aren't familiar with the concept the complaints choir website explains:

In the Finnish vocabulary there is an expression "Valituskuoro". It means "Complaints Choir" and it is used to describe situations where a lot of people are complaining simultaneously. Kalleinen and Kochta-Kalleinen thought: "Wouldn´t it be fantastic to take this expression literally and organise a real Complaints Choir!"

What a great idea. Now all I need is a choir.

It's not fair!



No comments: