Sunday, December 11, 2005

Snow:1 anyram:0


For once, I was actually in town on a Saturday evening. Usually I'm out doing something on a Saturday night, and as a result, don't usually attend Saturday evening kendo practices. But yesterday, I was home, and had every intention of going to practice.

Until I went outside.

My neighbors, who have lived here for a number of years, understand that we get a lot of snow. They had been out earlier in the day, dealing with the huge dump of snow that's come down in the last 24 hours. At least on their half of the parking lot. I hadn't really noticed, and was enjoying a Saturday afternoon of bad comedies (Tim Robbins: what were you thinking when you made "Nothing to Lose"?) and hot chocolate. So, when I went out to my car to go to practice I wasnot pleased to find it buried under two feet of snow, and that I would have to shovel out my car before I could go anywhere... So much for kendo this weekend.

It took me about an hour to move the snow from in front of my car to the other end of the parking lot, and to "clear" the driveway. Only there's so much snow, that you don't really clear the snow so much as take off the loose layer. I shudder to think how much snow there will be on my car after I go to Malaysia for three weeks.

It wasn't so bad, but I did manage to smack myself in the head really hard with the shovel handle. What can I say -- I've lived in Victoria for 4 years and forgotten how to operate a snow shovel.

Only five more months of snow to go!!

No comments: