Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A day of rest.

Yesterday was the best day ever.
I was so wiped from the past month of musicalling, publishing, nomikai-ing, etc. I had to call in sick. I needed a day off. So I spent the whole day sleeping. Almost. Brief intervals of awakeness were called for in order to alert my office that I was taking a sick day, and at lunch when one of my office ladies came over to make sure I was okay and didn't need to go to the hospital. In Japan, people go to the hospital for everything, even a cold. Why, I don't know. Cultural difference I guess.

I felt a little bad about skipping a school day, but I haven't had a day of rest in months. Besides, everyone I know has been telling me how tired and crappy I look, so I guess it was time. Especially since I'll be entertaining starting tomorrow. Yikes! I also managed to squeeze in some house-cleaning so my parents won't be afraid to sleep at my house.

Today I'm at the Junior High, and have finished my one class for the day. I guess the term has settled down a bit, so I'm back to my regular schedule of one or two classes a day. Currently, I'm trying to plan an Eikaiwa (English Conversation) class that I won't be here for. I wonder if my JTEs will actually use my suggestions, or if this will end up being a waste of time? I hope not.

And now for your entertainment, some pictures of the short lived sakura (cherry blossoms) in my town!

No comments: