Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Mail Call!


Today was my first day back at the office, and I found a huge stack of mail there. A new package for the distance Japanese course I'm taking, my grades from the last test I sent them, various other office things, and a big package from the Ukrainian Bookstore. Their online ordering system is great, and the staff were very helpful.

I had ordered a bunch of pysanky making supplies, and cunningly had them all sent to my office. That way, I was able to open them at the office and create interest in teaching a pysanky writing class. Maybe I'll be able to turn it into an internationalizing event. I hope so -- both my boss and the lady that sits across from me were very intersted in learning how to write pysanky, and were even able to understand my crappy Japanese explanation. With the help of the pictures in the books I ordered.

It was a nice way to end the day. And to top it all off, there was a glorious sunset as I made my way home. This picture doesn't do it justice.

No comments: