Monday, April 03, 2006

ちょっと二日ようい, What a way to start the new year

I wandered into work this morning, and was surprised to see everyone my usually very casual office in dark suits. “Uh-oh… what memo did I miss?”, I thought to myself. Shortly after I arrived, all of the guys in the office left, leaving me with the two ladies in the office to explain goings-on to me. Turns out today is the start of the new year, the new term. I’m sure there’s some ceremony with multiple long boring speeches going on. There’s also a stack of what look like certificates, but could well be contracts sitting on my supervisor’s desk.

I hope that there’s nothing expected of me today. I was up early this morning to drive home from Pippu-cho, where I crashed after my performance as a wedding singer. And of course, after the wedding reception, I tried to forget the whole thing by smacking myself in the head repeatedly with bottles of cheap whiskey. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but isn’t making for a pleasant morning. Not knowing what the hell is going on is not helping matters.

No comments: