Monday, March 13, 2006

Big snow, little snow; little snow, big snow.

According to Jesse, big snowflakes mean low accumulation, while little snowflakes means lots of accumulation. In short; big snow, little snow; little snow, big snow. It’s been snowing little flakes all day.

In fact, it’s been snowing steadily here since I got back from Furano. It was actually coming down so hard on my way home yesterday evening that I almost ended up in the ditch because I couldn’t see anything but white. I slowed down to 50 km/h (the speed limit) and was quickly passed by two cars. I can’t believe how crazy the drivers are here! I was glad to make it home in one piece, only to find that my driveway has turned into a big snow bank. Three cheers for four-wheel drive! The drifts were knee high when I left the house this morning. I don’t even want to think about how much more snow there will be by the time I get home this evening. Or how much extra snow my neighbor and his snowblower will be adding to my driveway accumulation.

Currently, I’m sitting at the office, counting down the time until I can leave. One more hour to go! I was actually surprisingly productive today. I had a big stack of stuff to sort out for my new PC position, so I went through all of that and figured out a bit more of what I’m supposed to be doing with this new job I’ve taken on. It sounds like a lot of photocopying and collating. How exciting! I decided to take a break from studying the imperative form when I realized I’d been staring at the same page for the last half hour and still hadn’t made it past the opening dialogue.

When I get off work, I get to go home and shovel, and then transfer my carload of HAJET books from the car to the apartment. At least all the exercise will keep me warm. My, but spring feels a long way off…

No comments: