Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sitting in the teachers' room... all day long.

The end of the school year is a slow time. Today I'm "teaching" at the Junior High school, but I don't have any classes scheduled. It seems as though nobody else does either. The san-nenseis are gone, so there aren't many classes, period. The other teachers were just discussing the love lives of the the ni-nensei students (Grade 8). Which is a little weird I guess, but the only reason I didn't zone them out is because they were talking about the other まりな (ma-ri-na). For the record, the fourth one I have met.

So today, my job basically consists of playing on the internet. Sure, I have some studying and things I could be doing, but playing on the internet is much more interesting. I've been trying to catch up on my email correspondance and such. So check your in-boxes!

Other than that, my JTE invited me to go to Home Ec. class with her and the ichi-nenseis (Grade 7). I think I'll go too. Sewing class in Japanese might be interesting, certainly more interesting than entertaining myself in the teachers' room.

Just for fun, here's a picture of us musicalling types performing at this weekends talent show. "Luck be a Lady" indeed!

No comments: