Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hokkaido Shimbun… again.

Well that was unexpected. Here’s me, sitting at my desk, willing time to move faster so I can leave, when I get a call from one of the guys in the office.

“anyram! Come on baby!”*
“nani? what?”
“shimbun… newspaper desu.”
“huh?”

I followed him and one of the ladies in my office out to the hallway. There stood a cameraman from the Hokkaido Shimbun. I guess they’re doing some kind of article about Harada-san, and wanted pictures of people venerating at his home-town shrine. So myself and one of the office ladies were recruited to stand around gazing adoringly at Harada-san paraphernalia. No face shots, just adoration of the Olympian. If I get my hands on a copy, I’ll be sure to post it.







* Everyone’s favorite new English catchphrase. I haven’t been watching much TV lately so I don’t know where it’s from, but I have noticed this phrase cropping up in my elementary school classes. Along with other timeless classics like “Oh my God!” and “Oh no!” The Hard Gay “Fuuuu!” hoopla has died down for the time being.

No comments: